LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine indicators in different cases?

I had a case structure, with different functional array indicators having the same size (21X21) in each case.

Is there any way to combine these array indicators into just 1?

Thanks!

BR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,210 Views)

Why are there different array indicators?  In what way do you want to "combine" them?

Post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,207 Views)

Could you post your code, or an image of it?  I don't think I understand what you're asking.  It sounds like you're asking if you can generate data inside a case structure but put the indicator for that data outside the case structure, which is easy - just wire the values out of the case structure, which will create a tunnel, then wire the output of the other cases to the same tunnel - but perhaps you're asking for something else.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,206 Views)

It's a Marquee functioned with 3 types of shape(line, rectangle, and circle)

I'm not quite done with the algorithm, so.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,203 Views)

One array indicator outside of the case structure.

Why do you have a 5 iteration For Loop?  Nothing changes between those 5 iterations.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,196 Views)

In the "line case," I didnt expect any chane in those 5 loop Smiley Frustrated That loop was for the following 2 cases.

The main difficulty I encountered was that the I didnt know how to show the marquee with different times of loop.

As you might see, the line case was supposed to be 21 stages, while the rectangle and circle were only 5.

Thx ur help again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,190 Views)

I see what you are saying.

I would have reversed that and put the For Loop in the cases where it is needed and not surrounding all the cases.

You need to flatten out your structure a bit.  I would build the calculations that determine the progress of your display into a subVI.  Just have an input that passes in a loop iteration, and from there determines the display.  No delays in that loop.

In your main VI, you have the loop iteration value you pass into the respective subVI, and it passes out the array indicator to be displayed on the single array indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,174 Views)

I see.

Thanks to your recommendation and I'll start modifying the VI.

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,170 Views)