From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine 3-D Array pages?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 3-D array of data and I’d like to combine all the pages into one table. Is there a way to do it?

One Step At A Time, Maybe Two...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,700 Views)

Try Reshape Array to take it from a 3-D to a 2-D.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,690 Views)

Hello Ravens, I've tried it and actually went to 1-D array and the result was mixed... I'm looking to view it in one page with the same format.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,681 Views)

Did you expand the Reshape Array so you could wire 2 dimensions? By default the Reshape Array has only one dimension.

I don't understand what you mean by "view it one page with the same format". Same format as what? And what do you mean by one page? Can you provide a manual example of what you are trying to accomplish?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,677 Views)

I want something like this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KowdTek

@KowdTek wrote:

I want something like this.

Here is one possibility. Since your 3D array has a variable number of empty rows on each page, a simple reshape alone will not be sufficient, you also need to eliminate empty rows.

I don't know what kind of row order you want, but my solution gives a different order than your desired output. Still, this should get you started. You might need to sort the rows differently.

There could be bugs, so modify as needed.

Download All
Message 6 of 11
(3,663 Views)

Thanks altenbach!!!

That's exactly what I want...Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,644 Views)

I want something like that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,433 Views)

Your math calcualting the indices is wrong.

Here's a corrected version, see if it makes sense.

Also:

• Don't hammer data back and forth using value properties! That's the most inefficient way, because it is synchronous.
  • Use a delay in the loop. The inner code only needs to be recalculated when the inputs change, and not millions of times per second.
  • If in doubt about the indices, use a debug output to veryfy what actually happens.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,410 Views)

Thank you so much!

Can you help me to see one more program?

See the program.

If any changes in slider, I want to store 2 values: String value & Slider value inside 2-D Array.

Can event structure handle for 3-D Array?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,381 Views)