From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the background color of a Tab Control from a VI

You cannot change any property of a system control/indicator. If you have 2011 you have nice silver controls which looks similay to the system control you can play with that.

Do not Hijack an old thread if you have any query start a new post or search the forum if it has ben already asked.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,476 Views)

Sorry to hijack old threads. Seems like if an answer has not been fully answered then it would make sense to continue the line of questioning without adding another thread on the same topic. Makes it hard for people to find solutions when there are multiple threads on same subject.

Anyways. There is no Silver TAB control.

And not to be mean to the silver designers, i dont like silver controls. If my app is going to stand the test of time then system controls are the way to go. When windows 8 comes out and the system controls look even better i want my app to automaticly look better too. If i convert to MAC i want my app to look even better then windows 😉

But thanks for the answer of not being able to change a system TAB controls color. As an engineer, that makes me want to find a way. And i WILL post back if i find an answer.

-Corey

- A minute saved is a Minute earned!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,454 Views)

Hello, 

How can I do this. 

I need in Tab Control change one part (one window? I do not know how to name it). I this one window I need to change background with picture, no color. Picture from PC.

Is it possible to change some simply?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,294 Views)

Hi adssad.

Just a quick tip: It's better to create a new thread, instead of asking a question in an old thread. Especially since the questions are not related.

You can use a picture in two different ways.

1) You can use it on the tab itself, see this guide:

How to insert image to tab Control

2) Or you can use it as a background on the control itself. If this is what you want, you can simply just drag a picture into LabVIEW. You'll end up with something like this:

TabWithPicture.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
Message 14 of 15
(3,279 Views)

Follow the instruction:

1) First of all, find your Tab Control in "Block Diagram".

2) Right-click on the Tab Control.

3) Create-- Property Node-- Colors-- All elements

4) A new box will appear.

5) Right-click on the new box.

6) Change all to write.

7) Again, right-click on the new box.

😎 If you choose "Create constant" you could choose your desired tab colors in the "Block Diagram".

If you choose " Create control" you could choose your desired tab colors in the "Front Panel".

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,123 Views)