LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically open a subvi that throws error

Hi,

Is there a way to make a subvi that throws an error to popup to the front when running a vi?

I have a vi that calls several subvi's. By using the 'Highlight Execution' option, I can tell which subvi throws the error. But, I would want to look into the wiring diagram of the sub-...-subvi that is the root cause of the error without navigating into it manually.

Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,969 Views)

You can probably achieve this using property nodes for the subVI. You will need to test for the error in the subVI itself and then use the property nodes to display the FP/BD and also bring them to the front. this begs the question though that you need to implement some type of programitic error handling in your application. You should have a general methodology for handling and reporting errors. Popping up a VI when it encounters an error may be nice while you are debugging your code but it will look confusing and terrible to users who are simply running the application.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,965 Views)

better yet-  a conditional error probe!  pops- you right to the error wire where the error occured.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,956 Views)