From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to analyze data input from multiple channels simultaneously through an NI USB-6251 by use of a single DAQ Assistant?

Solved!
Go to solution

I made separate VI's for reading in signals from multiple channels off of a NI USB-6251 board.  I would like to combine these VI's into a single VI so that they can run simultaneously, however, there is an error if there is more that one DAQ Assistant in the same VI --> Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Control Task.vi:32 (The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.) 

All the Channel Inputs must then be read in with a single DAQ Assistant, but then all the data from the different channels are not separated.  Can this data be saved in a matrix or in another managable way that would allow for easy analysis of data from the separate channel inputs?

I tried to output the data to a measurement file, but then when I tried to inport the data, I couldnt get all the data that I wanted.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AggieGirl

Hi AggieGirl,

Good afternoon and I hope your well today.

Firstly, you won't be able to have more than one DAQ asistant per Analog Input or Analog Output task because the device only has one of each. Thus you must have one DAQ task for AI and AO. (This is not the case for static DIO). 

There is away to split waveforms using the express VI - signal splitter. 

When you say you've saved this to file and it didn't work, how did it not work? The Express VI - save to measurement file ought to handle multiple waveforms. Can you post your code & Explain more about what wasn't correct about the file?

DAQ.JPG

Thanks,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 2 of 3
(3,913 Views)
Thank you very much! The signal spliter is what I needed.
Message 3 of 3
(3,907 Views)