LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add third party dll in our installer using application builder?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends,

I have one application (VI) which is using some third party dll of protocol and now I want to make a installer which should install dll along with application exe. Please suggest the way ..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,779 Views)

Make sure the DLL is in the project file. Then you can select it from the installer and specify where it should go. Although normally if the DLL is called from LabVIEW the Application Builder should automatically place it into the "data" subfolder of your application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,776 Views)

LabVIEW didn't placed it automatically in dependency .. I will try by adding it to project file ..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,768 Views)

Hi,

I placed it in project file and included it in category of "Always Included" in exe creation. Then after i created installer with needed NI drivers. But this installer didn't registered the dlls in project file. I registered it manually using regsvr32 command..

Any help to do it automatically during installation..

To brief my words, I need help to understand the process of third party dll registration during installation of installer created by application builder..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author H_SH

Hello Friends,

I found the solution of my problem thanks to all who shared the time on this ..

Quick fix was to enable register boolean in file attribute of those dll in process of creating installer..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,757 Views)

Hello sir,

i have a dc load IT8500 Having a dll file,when i created the installer .dll missing error popup,after that i have include dll into project and add into always include project result is same error popup

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,306 Views)