From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acquire signals from two channels in one task?

Hello everyone!

I am new to LabView and I really need your help on this problem. Any advice would be appreciated!

Basically, I want to acquire signals from two signals sources (two APDs with TTL signal output ) using one SC2345 card at the same time. I connected them on the terminal block of my card. At first, I tried to use two tasks at the same time but failed because of the Error 50103. So I use a frame structure to separate these two tasks. But then I found that these two tasks are acquired signals at different time (see the vi). So I would get two different signals even if my input signals came from the same channel. I read several posts on this forum and realized that I can not run two tasks on one device at the same time. But some of them suggested to acquire signals from two channels within one task. Thus, I tried to follow this in MAX. I created a new task in MAX, and added two channels in it. Then I got a DAQ assistant error when I run the task, saying that I should use separate task for different counter. I am really confused this time. Is it possible to acquire signals from two different channels from one device at the same time? Or, if I want to acquire two signals at the same, do I need another SC2345 card to do this?

I have been struggled on this for over two weeks. Thank you for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,513 Views)

Did you check example VI "Counter - Count Edges (Continuous Clock).vi"? Will it work for you?

You can find it in Example Finder: Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx -> Counter Input.

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,499 Views)

Hello kosist90,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not found any useful information in it. That vi only has one counter, while my program needs to read from two counters at the same time. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,477 Views)