LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acquire data through multiple channels in parallel using PXI 6070 E, PXI 4071 and LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using NI LabVIEW, NI PXI 4071, and NI PXI 6070E to measure current through a variable resistance. Now, I am using one channel from SCB-68, but I want to add another channel in parallel so that I can have two resistors instead of one that I cam measure current through them.

I have attached a Pdf file showing the setup for hardware in use and LabVIEW code also.

Can anyone look at these files and give me guide lines or ideas that can help me resolving this issue, please.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Shaheen.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,225 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shaheen

Your 4071 can only do one measurement at a time. Your DAQ cannot measure resistance either nor has it got any analogue inputs.

However, you could use a multiplexer and multiplex your 4071 DMM. This wont give you simultaneous measurements but can acquire data one after the other, the speed is obviously dependent on the multiplexer you choose!

Hope this helps.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,221 Views)

Thanks a lot for help.

And, can you tell me what cards do I need to use if I want to have channels in parallel?

Best Regards,

Shaheen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,216 Views)