LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to acquire data from Network Analyzer through GPIB using LabView 5.1

Hello,

Please help me in acquiring data from HP8722D Network Analyzer through GPIB using LabView 5.1.   I probably guess that I need to read data (Ex: Insertion Loss: dB vs. Hz) from Network Analyzer, store it in array and write it to file (excel file to be manipulated later).  I don't know how to perform this sequence.
If anyone can provide me with some examples (vi's), It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robertson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,743 Views)

This is a duplicate post as this one:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=140&message.id=12713

Please try to post the same question only once! Thanks!

JenK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,729 Views)
Thank you JenK for your response.
I'm sorry that I posted the message twice accidentally. I was trying to retrieve or erase the message from the hardware Boards, but it did not do it. I'm still new at this.

I followed your instructions. I downloaded, and during the loading, I got this message:

Resource not found
An error occurred loading VI 'HP8753 Example.vi'
LabVIEW load error code 8: could not load VI resource

I'm guessing this driver would not work with LabVIEW 5.1.
Using GPIB sample.vi, I was able to write to the equipment, but not having any success in reading the data.

Awaiting your response.
Thank you very much.
Robertson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,714 Views)

Hi Robertson,

Duplicate posts happen all the time, don't worry about it!

I would be surprised if the driver worked with LV 5.1 because there were several changes between 5.1 and 6. But you should still be able to communicate with your instrument.  It will just take more work.

Before programming in LV, I would suggest communicating with your instrument in MAX first. If you can successfully send and receive commands in MAX then you will be able to do it in LV.  In order to do this you will need to know what commands your instrument responds to, if termination is required, etc... You will need to make sure that you have the instrument manual for all of this.

Repost if you have more questions as you begin programming. Thanks!

JenK

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,697 Views)