From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read barcode using Gige camera qith vison software

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ,

I have a Gige vision camera, I need to use this to read the barcode and save it in a file. Is there a way to read a barcode directly from the camera using labview vison software.Please do let me know if there is a way.

Thanks,

Ankit G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,275 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitG

Hello AnkitG,

If you open the example finder in Labview, there should be some barcode examples.  They will be located under Toolkits and Modules>>Vision>>Applications.  You should find two examples of how to read barcodes.

David A,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,260 Views)

Hi Ankit 

I dont know if you have NI's Vision Builder for Automated Inspection, it has a function to do Barcode reading, it is very convenient tool to use with lot of good examples.

Smiley Happy

Kudos are welcomed 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,252 Views)

thanks it was very helpful

@David-A wrote:

Hello AnkitG,

If you open the example finder in Labview, there should be some barcode examples.  They will be located under Toolkits and Modules>>Vision>>Applications.  You should find two examples of how to read barcodes.

David A,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,243 Views)