From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I apply a TimeClock that starts from zero 00:00:00

Can anyone help me out there , all I would like to do is apply a clock function that will start from 00:00:00 and when the VI

stops I can make a record of how long the VI has been running. On the next start the VI should also reset back to 00:00:00.

If some one can make this VI and attach to the forum, I will be very grateful.

---------------"Learning Never Ends" -------------------- Rakum42---------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,946 Views)

Can you post the code you've already written?  If you're not sure where to start, you'll want to use Get Date/Time in Seconds at the beginning of your program.  Put the same function inside your program's main loop.  Subtract the two and wire that value to a numeric control, formatted to display relative time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,936 Views)

Time.png

Pretty basic-  NOTE: the indicator "Numeric" has display format as "Relative Time."  As seen in the next Figure.

The Time format for indicators is a pretty powerful feature that can save a lot of hassle trying to make a time indicator. 

untitled.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,935 Views)