From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate a Swept Sine Wave

I need to generate linearly varying frequency sine wave for my testing application. I wrote a VI for the same, which changes the update rate for changing the frequency. The problem is it seems to work fine for 2 update rate changes, then the update rate changes to zero. I can't figure out why it isnt working?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,832 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to do swept sine frequency response. I have downloaded a vi from this site (http://www.ni.com/example/30569/en/) and was trying to use a bone conduction transducer (BCT) to send the sine waves from 100hz to 10kHz. However, it seems like the code is sending a ramp pattern rather than a sine wave. 

ramp.PNG

This is part of the block within the swept sine FRF vi. The noise I hear from the BCT does not sound like a sine sweep. Is there a way to create a sine wave sweep rather than a ramp pattern? I have seen sine pattern and other blocks but they do not seem to create waves for a certain frequency range. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,900 Views)