LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Continuously Analog Trigger and Set Up Integrator for Pulse and Probe

Hello All,

I am new to LabVIEW and I have been having a hard time trying to figuring out how to get this system set up. I am using laser pulses to excite a system response and I am trying to set up my DAQ (NI-9775) so that it continuously triggers every time a laser pulse is received on ai0 and it measures the response to the pulse on ai1. Since the response signal-to-noise ratio is so low, I am also trying to increase the integration time from ai1 so that the response signal increases compared to the background. I managed to get analog reference triggering set up, but I can't get the system to continuously monitor and update each time a laser pulse is received.

I attached the basic code. I tried using a while loop to encompass the triggering, but it throws errors. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction with this? Any help would be appreciated immensely.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(99 Views)

Sorry for the delayed response.

Reference this post:
Analog Acquisition with Software Analog Reference Trigger - NI Community

If you also happen to have access to the Sound and Vibration Toolkit, reference the following sample projects:
%ProgramFiles%\NI\LVAddons\nisvt\1\ProjectTemplates\Source\Sound and Vibration\Analog_Input\DSA_AI_SFP.lvproj
%ProgramFiles%\NI\LVAddons\nisvt\1\ProjectTemplates\Source\Sound and Vibration\Impact Test\Impact Test.lvproj

Both these sample projects leverage a retriggerable analog reference trigger VI that continuously monitors the input channels and updates each time a trigger is received on the specified trigger channel.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(40 Views)