LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the thinking behind "Bundle Functions"?

Solved!
Go to solution

Since a few days i started working with LabView. Now, i have a very simple algorithm that i don't understand:

170913074112-170912_Test01_MainVI.vi Block Diagram on 170912 Test01.lvproj_My Computer _.png170913074215-170912_Test01_MainVI.vi Front Panel on 170912 Test01.lvproj_My Computer _.png

Why do i see the curve in the XY-Graph ???

My expectation was to see only the last point after the loop has been finished. Can somebody explain this to me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,047 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Downeaster

@Downeaster wrote:

Since a few days i started working with LabView. Now, i have a very simple algorithm that i don't understand:

170913074112-170912_Test01_MainVI.vi Block Diagram on 170912 Test01.lvproj_My Computer _.png170913074215-170912_Test01_MainVI.vi Front Panel on 170912 Test01.lvproj_My Computer _.png

Why do i see the curve in the XY-Graph ???

My expectation was to see only the last point after the loop has been finished. Can somebody explain this to me?

I strongly recommend to take the free tutorials. Even better, if you have licence, take the Core 1 online self-paced training.

Your post title is a bit misleading, the Bundle function has nothing to do with that you see here. It is simply the autoindexing feature of loops, which is very useful. You can also get only the last value, you can select other options by right clicking on the "border node":

autoindexing.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,033 Views)

Oh yes, its quite simple, if you know. Thx very much.

But its diffcult to find the right answer, when i don't know the right keyword...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,003 Views)

@Downeaster wrote:

Oh yes, its quite simple, if you know. Thx very much.

But its diffcult to find the right answer, when i don't know the right keyword...

That is why I told you to take the online training. You will learn much faster 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,994 Views)

it is also very much recommended to have the context help on (ctrl+h  / Help -> Show Context Help) and read the long help entry that is linked at the bottom of the context help.

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,984 Views)

Oh lets just dump the large list of training link.  Notice the SSP is required for the self-paced training, but there is also free training for students.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-MyRIO Project Essentials Guide (lots of good simple circuits with links to youtube demonstrations)

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

-cRIO Developer's Guide 

Learn NI Training Resource Videos

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,942 Views)