From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How interface keithley 230 programmable voltage source on a circuit containing Optical spectrum analyser and Tunable laser source.

i have downloaded the keithley 230 software and i put it together with the necessary strings,its working .my aim is to insert it in the existing vi,use it to step up voltage (auto)after each specified run and  output is collected and ploted at each desired voltage level. also i dont know if sweep voltage is required to achiev this or if also i need to clear memory often.

Pls can somebody help me!!!!

ambrado.

Thanks, u ar great.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,464 Views)

Dear Ambrado

The best advise I would give is to contact keithly of how to use your device and how it is setup first. I would also take a look at the below link for reference:

Programmable DC Power Supply and Precision DC Source Tutorial

Let me know what Keithly advise.

Many thanks for using the NI forums and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

David

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,434 Views)

Hi engineer david ,

Thanks for your advise, so far i was able to resolve to this two VI circult attached.one of the Vi comprise of the attenuator,optical spectrum analyser,and tuneable laser source,it sweep correctly with no hiccup,though the attenuator is disconnected. the second is the voltage  control vi.

I need to combine  them to enable them work as follow;

>the voltage vi we begin with a voltage value say 1v and the other vi sweep on this voltage for a known period and

>the voltage Vi step to another voltage value say 2v and sweeping is carried out again on this voltage etc until it finaly get to the maximum voltage,then the whole vi

stop.

also i want the voltage vi to be in visa addressing format.

pls i need to summit this work soon,help combine this.

Kudos to u sir.

Thanks, u ar great.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,383 Views)

Hi Ambrado,

I know you posted about this a few years back, but I was wondering if you still had copies of the driver you created. In the attached link you have subVI's, like Keithley 230 Function, etc. Could you possibly post those?

Thanks,

Lindsey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,545 Views)

Hi Lindsey,

did you search for drivers in the IDNet provided by NI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,531 Views)
I have. There is one driver on there but it doesn't successfully pair with my instrument and only includes one VI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,524 Views)

Hi Lindsey,

you're right, it's a very old example consisting of an LLB containing just one VI. It's as old as your device…

But: It shows how simple it is to command your K230.

They have a very simple command set and you can (in contrast to the old GPIB functions in this example) use VISARead/Write to send commands to your device and read its response!

All the commands are given in the K230 manual…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,518 Views)
Right, but do you have any idea why they don't actually work? When I run the driver nothing communicated with the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,508 Views)

Hi Lindsey,

why they don't actually work?

How is your K230 connected to your computer?

Did you get any error mesages?

Did you try to communicate with the K230 using MAX? Did it work there?

As I wrote before: use VISA functions to communicate with your device. Those GPIB functions in this driver example are rather "obsolete"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,491 Views)

I switched over the commands to VISA commands as stated and I recieve no errors, but nothing actually happens. The Keithley 230 doesn't actually set to the new voltage point. Any thoughts???

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,333 Views)