LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does System Exec VI identify Standard Error within cmd code?

I am using the System Exec VI to control a USB to serial adaptor program header, I have sucessfully written a .BAT file to call the CMD commands (the .exe I am running uses "-option" commands and the help file reccomends to do so) and it functions perfectly. My only issue is identifing errors. The "Standard Error Out" on the System Exec VI never outputs anything. Yes the wait until completion is TRUE and my standard output functions fine. I am curious as to how the System Exec VI  identifies errors from the command prompt and  why my errors are not showing up. I am currently using multiple match pattern string functions to identify the possible errors from my standar output for the time being but I would like to simplfy my code a bit and clean it up if at all possible. Not to mention there are most likely several other errors that could occur that I may have not identified. Some examples of stanadrd output errors i can get include include:

{C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\RACK LINK>C:\DCRABBIT_10.66\Utilities\clRFU.exe "" -s "0":115200 -v -vp+ -usb+
.bin not found
C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\RACK LINK>pause
Press any key to continue . . . }

or

{C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\RACK LINK>C:\DCRABBIT_10.66\Utilities\clRFU.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\RACK LINK\Calibration_v030.bin" -s "4":115200 -v -vp+ -usb+
Rabbit Field Utility v4.62
Installing Calibration v0.3.0

Sending Coldloader
Error: No Rabbit Processor Detected.

C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\RACK LINK>pause
Press any key to continue . . . }

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,289 Views)

I think you should use error handling in batch programming, see this link http://www.robvanderwoude.com/errorlevel.php

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,285 Views)