LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you sync a chart acquisition to a speed ?

I use a paper recorder to make a magnetic measure of the rope of the Cableways while the lift plant is running.
I have to acquire an analog input with a 2Khz frequency band.
The paper speed is synchronized by an encoder to the plant's speed.

I would like to build an Labview acquisition so I could view the result into a waveforms chart and save it to an hard disk.

How could i sync those waveforms with the speed of the plant and view them into a waveform chart ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,330 Views)
You might consider re-posting this question in the "multifunction IO" category of the "Measurement Devices" section. This newsgroup discusses LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control, which is an add-on package for LabVIEW that expands SCADA capabilities under LabVIEW.

That said, if you have a National Instrument E-Series data acquisition board or comparable, then the encoder signal can likely be used as an external scan clock to control the acquisition. I'm assuming that the encoder signal is 5V/TTL. LabVIEW ships with several external scan clock examples. Goto help >> Examples >> I/O Interfaces >> Data Acquisition >> Analog Input >> Continuous Analog Input >> Continuous Acquisition and Graph Using External Scan Clock. Also, your board's User Manual will indicate h
ow to connect your external clock signal.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,330 Views)