LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i use Labview to send data to a server website?

Hi all, my current situation is as follows. 

I am going to set up a web server. An example of the address is http://164.78.200.71/healthcare/process,php?

I've created a labview program which will take in the reading of my blood pressure and i'd like to send the captured data to the web server. 

For my scenario, the labview must be able to generate/execute the following command "http://164.78.200.71/healthcare/process,php?ic=xxxx&r1=y&k2=z&submit" This command is important as it will update the server directly with my BP readings.

"ic" being patient's name "r1" and "k2" are the blood pressure parameters

Is labview able to execute such an operation? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,099 Views)

With LabVIEW 2010, you couls use Get.vi under Http Client to perform such task.

Earlier version need to use URL Get HTTP Document.vi of internet toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,071 Views)

Another idea is to write a web service, and do tool>>import>>web service into LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,070 Views)

Thanks a lot for the input KateB. Will try it out now. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,061 Views)

Hi KateB

I could not find the Get.vi in both the internet and database toolkit. And the labview does not allow us to import our particular web address as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,052 Views)

1. Get.vi is for LabVIEW 2010. Internet toolkit must use URL Get HTTP Document.vi.

2. Your URL is not a web service.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,040 Views)

I have installed the internet toolkit for labview 8.5 and have checked out the HTTP Document.vi however i don't quite understand. Is anyone able to advise me in detail on what to key in under "URL" "file path" "file path out" "content" "error in" "error out" "default protocol" and "full document URL". 

I hope to be able to pass in numerical values to a web address. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,882 Views)

I did make something similar, a simple HTTP requester based on the standard TCP functions of labview. It was just something that worked for me but is a stripped down version of HTTP1.1 (very much stripped down). Maybe this is good enough for your demands.

I use projects & libraries a lot so this upload is a distrobution and not a single vi but it should work (labview version 8.6).

---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,862 Views)

Hi everybody,

Please, can everyone help me with this: I use LabVIEW to acquire data from some sensors and I want to implement a program with LabVIEW to send the data periodically to a website. can I use the HTTP functions?  is this the best way ?

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,428 Views)