LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I write to different cells in Excel and to different sheets within the same file.

I am trying to write three different values to three different excel cells on different sheets within the same Excel file. 

Say I already have an existing Excel file that I want to append data to. I have numbers 1, 2, & 3.  I want to write these numbers to cells A1, B3, & C5 of Sheet # 1.  Later on I want to write them to cells A2, B4, & C6 of Sheet # 2... etc.

So basically I want to know how to write values to different cells and different sheets.  Is this possible?  I even bought the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office thinking this was going to make it easier but I have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance,

Felipe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,311 Views)
In LabVIEW 7.0 I looked at all of the Excel Examples supplied by NI and found an VI called "Set Table Cell Value.vl" (There is also a "Get Table Cell Value.vi") that allows you to pass in the worksheet reference, the row and column numbers, and the new value that you want to set that cell or group of cells to.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,304 Views)