LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the Linear Fit vi in an executable?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Linear Fit vi from the Math section.  It works on my developement pc, but when I make an executable and run it on another machine I get errors.

"Labview:  Resource not found"  Mentions that NI_AALPro.lvlib can't be found.  I also notice that it has something to do with "lvanlys.dll"

I've read a lot of posts about lvanlys.dll causing problems but I never saw anything that fixed any issues.  I've also read that if resources aren't found, you have to instal extra drivers for that PC to use some functions.  This Linear Fit vi is a normal vi installed with my developement package. 

How do I get this to run in an executable on another computer?

thanks,

-Jes

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,655 Views)

Have you installed the correct, matching version of the LabvVIEW Runtime on the computer that you want to run the executable on?  You need to, otherwise the program will not find all the functions it needs (stand-alone executables are not quite stand-alone - they still need the LabvVIEW Runtime)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,650 Views)

Did you built an installer? If not, did you e.g. copy the created "data" folder together with the executable?

You should also be aware that there are two main flavors of the runtime engine.

Make sure you install the full version (Standard, ~170MB for LV 2010).

The "lite" version (Minimum, ~40MB for LV 2010) has very limited functionality.

(You did not tell us your LabVIEW version, so make sure to get the matching version of the runtime).

In newer versions there is also the difference between 32 and 64 bit. If the application was built in 32bit LabVIEW, you need the 32bit run time, even if the target PC has a 64bit OS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,643 Views)

Well I have the Labview 8.6 runtime engine installed.  If that is what you are asking.  The program has been working fine until i put in the Linear Fit vi.  Now it creates an error when I try to run it on another computer.  Then it shows the front panel as broken and won't run at all.

Is there something else to instal to make that computer have the Linear Fit (math functions) operate?

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,642 Views)

@jesse Larsen wrote:

Well I have the Labview 8.6 runtime engine installed. 

Did you install the 108MB or the 28.8MB version of the LabVIEW 8.6.1 run time engine? You need the big one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,638 Views)

I may have only installed the light version of runtime engine....I will try the full version and get back to you!

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,637 Views)

I just installed the full version of 8.6 runtime engine and it fixed the problem!

thanks!

-Jes

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,623 Views)