LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I uninstall NI-VISA?

I need to use a HP-IB board with labview. In order to get it to work, I need to uninstall NI-VISA and install HP-VISA. How do I uninstall NI-VISA? Also where can I find HP-VISA to install?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,433 Views)
You have to go to Add/Remove Programs. Depending on the version you've installed, it'll either have a separate entry or you'll select the entry called NI Software. You'll also have to uninstall NI-488.

I would think that the HP-VISA would come with an installation CD that came with the card. If you don't have it, check HP's or Agilent's web site.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,433 Views)
There is no entry in the Add/Remove programs section that mentions anything about NI software or visa.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,433 Views)
There is no need to uninstall NI-VISA. You have two options.
1) Just install Agilent VISA (Agilent, not HP has the VISA). Just doing the install in the normal mode will blow away NI-VISA. But that's not the "friendly" way.
2) Install Agilent VISA using the "Side-by-side" option. This leaves NI-VISA as the VISA in control, but lets Agilent VISA configure the Agilent/HP cards.

Look for the "HP" VISA from Agilent.
Once you install Agilent VISA in the side-by-side mode, use Agilent IO Libraries > Conf to configure the Agilent cards. (This may happen automatically.)

You may also need to turn on Passport with NI-MAX to get some things to work. Once you have Agilent VISA installed, its help files give a fairly good description of the process.

Les.Hammer
@CompleteTest.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,433 Views)
Then it would appear that you never installed it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,433 Views)

I have installed NI-VISA Config 15.0 and discovered that it is not supported by LabVIEW 2011 which I am using. I need NI-VISA Config 14.0.02 instead, I think.

I have moved all NI VISA files from the Applications folder to the Trash and installed NI-VISA Config 14.0.02 but when I open it, NI-VISA Config 15.0 keeps appearing and warning about missing files.

Any tips on getting rid of NI-VISA Config 15.0?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,182 Views)
Why would you hijack a twelve year old thread? Please start a new one and detail the steps you took. Hopefully, you did something better than just moving/deleting the files.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,176 Views)