LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sync up data from a "DAQ Assistant" and a RS-232 input for a "Write To Measurement File"?

Hi, I'm new to Labview and I've written a VI that takes a bunch of voltages and temperatures from a "DAQ Assistant".  This has it's own sampling rate that's inherent to the "DAQ Assistant" function.  I also have another reading (from a weight scale), which I'm reading from a RS-232 cable.  I can have the data inputted to Labview at whatever sampling rate I specify (I'm monitoring it on a Waveform Graph so I know it's actually receiving data at my specified sampling rate).  However, when I merge these two signals into a "Write to Measurement File", the scale reading always logs every 10 times that the "DAQ Assistant" does.  What am I doing wrong?  I've tried to set the sampling rates to the same amount and it would still be logging my scale data once every 10 times that it logs the "DAQ Assistant".

If it matters, my "DAQ Assistant" outputs dynamic data and my weight scale outputs 64-bit real data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,618 Views)
Nevermind, I found my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,613 Views)

How did you solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,270 Views)

He has a total of three posts.  Two took place in this thread 7 years ago.  The other happened 5 years ago.  In the future, create your own thread to address your problem.  You'll have greater success.

Now, go to Help->Find Examples.  Once there, look at the tree in the middle and choose "Fundamentals->File I/O" and there's an example showing you how to work with these VIs.  You should be able to take that example, see how it works, and modify your code to work with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,254 Views)