LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up VI for Cyclic Voltammetry and ECL.

Hello, everyone.  I am fairly new to the use of Labview.  My goal is to use Labview for cyclic voltammetry and ECL experiments. 
The hardware consists of the following:
1.  EG&G PARC Model 175 Programmer
2.  EG&G PARC Model 173 Potentionstat
3.  SCB-68 connector block
4.  PCI-6221 DAQ Card
5.  PIII PC

Any and all help and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated, as I need to have this setup functioning ASAP.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,623 Views)
T.Ferg,

I don't know much about cyclic voltammetry (I'm an EE), but if you let me know what you intend to do with your DAQ card, perhaps I can help.

Regards,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,604 Views)
Thanks.  First, I need to be able to take a voltage reading continuously over time.  Every time I try it my readings only go from 0 to 0.1 seconds.  I have an analog input going to pins 68 and 34.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,602 Views)
This link may be helpful in understanding what I am trying to do.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:jiWwsqsTIrUJ:zone.ni.com/devzone%255Cconceptd.nsf/0/8324F0CB5BFF310986256F8100772673%3Fopendocument%26node%3Ddz00000_us+Labview+Cyclic+Voltammetry+&hl=en
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,598 Views)
T.Ferg,

Have you seen LabVIEW's built-in shipping examples? They can be found in the NI Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) in LabVIEW. For a continuous analog input, select Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx -> Analog Measurements -> Voltage, then open the Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk VI. This VI continously reads analog values from the DAQ card. You will, of course have to add some functionality to this example to implement your application.

Good luck!
Ryan Verret
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,587 Views)
I have one problem with this part now.  I need the voltage readings to display continuously in real-time.  For lack of a better explanation, I need the x-axis(time scale) to go until I say stop.  My voltage readings only proceed to the number of samples I set.  For example, if I set the number of samples to read to 1000 then the data is only displayed to 1000 sec. 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,583 Views)
T.Ferg,

The example I recommended uses a waveform graph, which updates with completely new data each time the DAQmx read executes. Perhaps you would be interested in using a waverform chart. This indicator appends data each time the DAQmx read executes, allowing you to display data from previous loop iterations.

Good luck,
Ryan Verret
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,570 Views)
Hey Guys,

I was looking for the same information for one of my customer and I've found these links to be very good, especially the example program:

Measuring Cyclic Voltammetry for DAQmx (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4559)

Data Acquisition in the Life Sciences -- The NI Way (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4057)

Hope this helps other customers,

Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,284 Views)
I'm facing the same problem, I want to make a cyclic voltammetry in the labview, could you help me , thanks , xiao.kong@kcl.ac.uk,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,126 Views)
Hi  dearkilo,

What is the problem that you are facing?  Have you looked at the Examples linked that I provided above?  Please take a look at the examples and that should answer most of your questions.

Hope this helps,

Vincent
Vincent Carpentier, Ing./Eng.
CLA, CPI
Neosoft Technologies
www.neosoft.ca
DQMH Trusted Advisor
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,118 Views)