From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the x increment for a chart with cluster input?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am acquiring thermocouple signals, using a timed loop that gets the temperatures of several thermocouples every 0.5 second (typically).  I want these signals to appear on a chart.

I can get them all on the same chart by wiring either (a)  a cluster of values or (b) a cluster of waveforms, each waveform containing a 1D array of a single value.

How can I tell the chart that the x-increment between readings is 0.5 second?   The x-axis values always seem to be array index numbers, not times.   Can I choose between x scales in seconds, minutes or hours?

I have two simple examples, using random numbers to simulate 4 channels:

(a) chart format test.vi has a loop passing a cluster of values to the chart,

(b) chart format test 2.vi makes each value into a waveform; these are then turned into a cluster containing 4 waveforms.

In each case I am trying to set Xscale.RngStart and Xscale.Increment but they seem to have no effect - if I run these VIs for 5 seconds (100 readings from each "thermocouple"), I want the x-axis to go from 0 to 5 seconds, not 0 to 100.

Thanks

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author roger1922

Hi roger1922,

May be you need to check the xscale.multiplier property of the chart, which is 0.05 in your case.

Please try this.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

Message 2 of 3
(2,339 Views)

That's great, it works!

Thanks

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3