From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prvent the LV 8.0.1 update installer from automatically select the language?

I have all LV Versions in english although I'm on a german Windows with german settings. The update installer automatically selects the german version of LV. I will have the english version but I cannot select it.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 1 of 6
(2,946 Views)
Hi Waldemar,

You should check this thread, the problem you're facing sound quite similar...

Hope this helps.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,923 Views)

Dear TiTou,

I have seen this thread. My problem is that even the updater itself will show the dialouges in German and will install all components in German (not only the Example Finder). Since  the modules and toolkits aren't available in German I avoid a mixed language installation.

Waldemar

Message 3 of 6
(2,909 Views)
The solution is simple:

You have to change the regional settings to English (US) in the Control Panel. Then the setup will install the Englisch version. Change the settings back to the original state afterwards.
Waldemar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,873 Views)
TiTou,
The expected behaviour is that the installer will run in the language of the user locale.  So if you are have the locale setting set to German then the dialogs in the installer will be in German.  However this does not determine the language of the VIs installed.  The language of the VIs installed should be the same as the language of LabVIEW already installed.  The downloads page has been modified to make this behaviuor clearer. 

Did you complete the installation?  If you did, what parts of LabVIEW changed language?  None should have changed.

Carl L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,872 Views)

I changed the regional settings to English (US) and completed the setup. All the VIs are in English. It is good to clarify this on the download page.

Having LV+VI Analyzer+RT Module+ExecutionTraceToolkit+FPGA causes a mass compile lasting 10 h without cashing (3.6 GHz, 2 GByte RAM, SATA 150 drives completly defragmented). I have seen the thread about speeding up mass compile setting the cashing parameter.

I must check the Example Finder problem.

Message Edited by waldemar.hersacher on 03-21-2006 07:33 AM

Waldemar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,862 Views)