LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move one co-ordinate to the other on X-Y Graph?

I am able to get the pixel to the right end, and I built another array to connect to the X-Y graph using another set of co-ordinates to minus Y by steps of 0.08;

it did not move to the right, stop, and carry on downwards.

Instead, it formed a line with two pixels, one pixel travelling to the right and the other downwards.

How can I get the pixel to go to the right, stop, and then go downwards from there? I think I need to do something right with the shift registers?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(478 Views)

Hi jqlee,

there is no "array of points" in your snippet.

Try something like this:

check.png

When you know the "user rectangle" you can calculate the points easily...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 16
(472 Views)

"Wow, what sorcery is this?!"

Thanks GerdW for your reply!

May I know what function is that thing on the left please? Also, does it mean I can house my x and y co-ordinates in there?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(469 Views)

"You need an array of points and a FOR loop to iterate over the array..."

"REALLY?! If that is true, I will be so so happy!!!"

Not sure why this comes as a surprise given that I laid it all out for you in pseudo-code in one of the other two threads running on the same subject.

You have not taken the time to learn the basics of the language and seem to be working on the basis of asking repeated questions until someone writes the code for you. Be aware that this approach whilst initially fruitful scales very poorly to larger applications.

Message 14 of 16
(464 Views)

I tried adding the "Array Constant" and adding in constants and built like the above picture, but it does not connect properly; the source and sink are not compatible.

I have another thought about this, if I connect like the picture above, how can I do my calculation for the amount of steps to take travelling around the rectangle?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(461 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

"You need an array of points and a FOR loop to iterate over the array..."

"REALLY?! If that is true, I will be so so happy!!!"

Not sure why this comes as a surprise given that I laid it all out for you in pseudo-code in one of the other two threads running on the same subject.

You have not taken the time to learn the basics of the language and seem to be working on the basis of asking repeated questions until someone writes the code for you. Be aware that this approach whilst initially fruitful scales very poorly to larger applications.

I know I am not well-trained in Labview, but trust me I am doing my best to work my head around all these. I have a coursework to submit in two weeks' time and have been trying to know how can the basics taught, help me me with this coursework; I have a lot of versions of .vi however, many times I am stuck in a certain way.

It is probably my approach to certain problems which was incorrect, I have been given quite a few options and have been working on them.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(460 Views)