LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make my error source look like standard LabVIEW codes?

I have my error codes stored in an *-error.txt file.  I'd like to format the error source so it looks like a typical LV error source.  I've tried using an error code to error cluster and then either a simple or general error handler and I only get the error code, but the message has all the stuff I need.  I don't want to wire the message to the source, because that's not how LV error codes are normally displayed.  Am I making sense?  LV 7.1.

Bill

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,995 Views)

Is it possible for you to post screenshots of what you are seeing and what you are expecting? What you have written is a bit confusing.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,969 Views)

Yeah, I understand.  I have a vague question and I have to have help from you guys to even formulate it correctly.  Thanks, I will get back here soon!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,954 Views)