LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Citadel 5 ODBC driver?

I've installed Labview 8.2.1 (evaluation) and I'd like to setup an ODBC connection to the sample Citadel DB provided.  When I installed, though, the ODBC driver was not installed for me.  I was able to get the ODBC driver via a LOGOS installation, but it's a Citadel 4 driver, and it looks like the Citadel 5 driver has a number of enhancements (including SQL-92 support).  IS the driver itself available for download?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,916 Views)
Hi jfritz-

Unfortunately no, Citadel 5 is not available for free download.  The Developer Zone Tutorial below contains more information about obtaining it:

The Citadel 4 database came with the Logos communication drivers so any computer that had Logos installed (which can be downloaded at no charge) could easily communicate with a Citadel 4 database on a remote server. Due to licensing issues associated with the tools used to build Citadel 5, Logos can no longer be distributed at no charge. The most cost-effective solution for easy remote data access is to purchase the LabVIEW DSC Module Run-Time System for all client computers. This will install the Citadel 5 database on the client computers and allow easy ODBC queries to remote Citadel 5 databases.

If purchasing the LabVIEW DSC Module Run-Time System for the client computers is not an option for your system, the following technique provides a mechanism for remotely accessing Citadel 5 data from a client that does not have the Citadel 5 database installed. The only requirement for the client is that the program trying to remotely access a Citadel 5 database must support ActiveX communication.

Continue reading the Tutorial here: Citadel 5 Remote Database Access Using COM+ and ADO

Hope this helps!
Drew Pierce | District Manager, Central Texas | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,898 Views)