LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get limits on my XY graph?

I am plotting some data on an XY graph. I need to put in an upper and lower limit line on the graph. Should I do this programatically (how?) or is there a way for it to be done on the front panel? I tried to bundle the X data, the y data, and the constants all in one bundle. didnt work. Any help would be much appreciated
Thanx
Andy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,386 Views)
You could do this by positioning the cursors where you want them (i.e., set the cursor x position to the x limit value and the cursor y position to the y limit.) Use property node (LV6), attribute node (LV5). If you need more than one set of lines just add cursors.
Message 2 of 9
(3,386 Views)
jwf,
I have a property node already running because I am adjusting the X scale. I found cursor position but its not working for me. It wants a DBL for X and Y but I want one solid line going accross the graph at my boundary. Sorry, Im new to labview
Thanx Andy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,386 Views)
You may need to make the cursor visible by writing true to the visible property. The x coordinate will set the position of the verticle cursor (set it off the graph if you don't wish to see it) the y coord will set the positiion of the horizontal cursor.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,386 Views)
I just cant get it to work. Here is said VI in 6i. Please tell me if i've done anything dumb. Thanx
andy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,386 Views)
obviously they dont have an attach function LOL sorry. So if i set a Y cursor do I have to set an X cursor?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,386 Views)
Hi
See the limits as extra graphs, in your case as a start-x,stop-x in an array clustered with an array of start-y and stop-y
this twice (upper and lower bounds) and build an array out of the three clusters
(original graph with 2 limit graphs)
greetings from the Netherlands
Message 3 of 9
(3,386 Views)
Albert
Thanx for the help. Unfortunately, Im not getting it. Do I have to make 3 individual clusters? And then combine them together? Please clarify, sorry Im a novice
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,386 Views)
Here is Example of how to to what I suggested in other post
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,386 Views)