LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I do a URL Mapping on variables contained within a cluster constant? [Web Service]

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create a web service and I would like to URL map some controls that I have wrapped up in a cluster control.  I have three identical cluster controls, each with a unique name - but they contain variables that do not have unique names. i.e. ClusterA.dog, ClusterB.dog, ClusterC.dog, ...

How can I distinguish among these variables when trying to URL map them?

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5thGen

Hi 5thGen,

Unfortunately, clusters are not supported in WebServices. You will have to give each input a unique name.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,404 Views)

Thank you for the response.  That is unfortunate that clusters are not yet supported.  Is there a way that I can approach this situation using tables?  I am unfamiliar with using tables in LV but I would like to be able to access variables as if they were in an array of arrays.  For example, rather than using a common name to reference a variable I could use a common location in an array.  So, using the example I had before, each column could be a unique cluster (though they would no longer be clusters) and each row could be a variable (dog, cat, ...).  I could them bundle them up by name and reference them later in the code.  Is it possible to build this kind of table (or array of arrays) using URL maps and if so how would I go about doing it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,401 Views)

Sorry 5thGen,

Arrays are not supported either for URL mapping. The only data types you can use are ones that only hold a single value at a time. You will have to split up your variables for the URL mapping. This, however, is an excellent suggestion to our R&D department and I encourage you to submit this and other suggestions to them. They look at these and decide what new features to include in future release based on how often it is requested.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,390 Views)