LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create user defined errors?

I am having problems creating user defined errors in the General Error Handler for LabVIEW 7.0. I define an error number between 5000-9999. When an "error in" bunch has 5000-9999, the error message is always occurring even if "error in" is false. Am I doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,826 Views)
Hi,

Follow this link to a previous discussion thread that deals with this issue. Examples are attached in this thread.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000722E0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General

Hope this helps,

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,824 Views)
Hi everyone,

Have currently downloaded and tried to use a vi and encountered the following message below:

"Error 3005 occurred at Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in open close usb new.vi->Phone control.vi
This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input."

Has anyone encountered this sort of problems? Any suggestions?

What sort of description do I have to give? I did not write this vi.

Thanx and regards,
kk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,696 Views)
You will have to open "Phone control.vi" and discover what error they have defined as "3005". Do you have a link to the file you downloaded?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,695 Views)