LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a VI so that I generate IV curves of a solar panel using a MOSFET as electronic load for control?

Hello

I would like to create a VI so that I can generate IV curves of a solar panel. A MOSFET will be used as an electronic load where its Vgs signal will be used as a control to improve the tracing of the IV curve. I am using the NI myDAQ as my data acquisition device.

Further information can be found in the file attached.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,254 Views)

Hi vmohadeb,

as is written in the PDF you need to use an analog output and some analog inputs.

I would start with some of those DAQmx example VIs, which are available in the example finder!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,229 Views)

Anyone very familiar with labVIEW can please help me in creating the VI to generate IV curves of a solar panel? I'm actually a novice in this software and I have to submit this VI in a few days.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,196 Views)

Anyone very familiar with labVIEW programming can please help me in creating the VI to generate IV curves of a solar panel? I'm actually a novice in this software and I have to submit this VI in a few days.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,193 Views)

Hi, vmohadeb,

nobody will do your homework for you…

Show what you have tried so far and tell us, where you are stuck.

Examine teh example VIs coming with LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,181 Views)

Well in general you will need LabVIEW to control both the voltage and current limit of a DC power supply based on the current being drawn in realtime (or as close to realtime as you can get).

I tried this years ago using a formula a colleague developed. Taking a voltage and current mearurment on the DC power supply and running it through the formula that then set the DC power supply's voltage and current limit. It worked 'okay' for testing a PWM solar charge controller, but when testing a MPPT charge controller the two control loops fought each other making the whole thing rather unstable and unusable.

We have since bought an actual Solar Array Simulator. The right tool for the job makes all the difference...

BTW: The SAS is just a big DC power supply that uses a computer to control its output voltage and current in realtime to match the power and V/I curves of a solar panel. But it can do it fast enough to make it work.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,166 Views)