LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I center and/or maximize the front panel on every event?

Hi,

So basically I have a little issue with trying to maximize and then scale back a VI's front panel every time a user selects a different option from a ring control.

So far i've been using the LVWINUTIL.LLB and the provided window size vi to set the size I want on ring selection change which works fine, but as far as centering the VI goes, the method I'm calling only works the first time. After it maximizes and I select a different option on my ring control which is linked to a case within a while loop it simply resizes to the size i set which is correct but when I got back to the ring case which is supposed to maximize the front panel again, it doesn't do it. Centralizing the FP also only works once.

I'm  using FP.Run-Time Position.Centered to try and center the VI....only works once. I do understand that this might be the desired behavior since the name is run-time position meaning it'll only do this when the VI is first run, however I need this to happen more then once, how can i do this? Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,914 Views)
How did you center the FP?
Their a method that should work time after time.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,904 Views)
They way I centered it is by referencing my VI and calling the FP.Run-Time Position.Centered property node. That works once, doesn't work after that because it seems like it just sets that property to be executed upon running the VI initially.

So I'm wondering how I can make the FP center more then once using this or another similar property or method. I haven't found a method that does this in fact. Thank
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,876 Views)
Found it, i'm blind. It's simply the invoke FP.Center
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,871 Views)