LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we do the tone measurement while doing a vibration measurement?

Hi all,

I need to do the vibration measurement. im using pci 4474 card. im getting time domain signal directly. i need to do tone measurement from this continous signal. windowing type, scaling type like (magnitude or power)and all should be configurable. i saw one express vi for do that. but i need to do seperately. i have no idea about that..... any suggestions.

Message 1 of 7
(2,640 Views)
You can actually learn a lot from an Express vi.    Set up the express vi to do whatever you want to do.  On the block diagram, right click the express VI and select open front panel.  Note this is a one way operation.  You can't undo it.  Now that express VI with a blue box will turn into a subVI with a yellow box.  Double click on that and you'll be able to see the code that was behind the express VI and learn from.  Then you can use that as an example and modify it as you wish.
Message 2 of 7
(2,620 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:
You can actually learn a lot from an Express vi.   

Very true!!! I see them as great tool (in addition to example finder)to get myself started with programming new concepts ver quickly.

Ravens Fan wrote:
On the block diagram, right click the express VI and select open front panelNote this is a one way operationYou can't undo it

A minor correction:Till you save the VI created by selecting the 'open front panel' option, this operation is undo-able. Once you save the VI you can't convert the yellow box back to a blue box.

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
Message 3 of 7
(2,615 Views)
I think it is also correct to mention that the Express VI it selves will not be overwritten  in this operation.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 7
(2,605 Views)

kikiduu wrote:

A minor correction:Till you save the VI created by selecting the 'open front panel' option, this operation is undo-able. Once you save the VI you can't convert the yellow box back to a blue box.

True.  But reverting to a saved copy of the VI isn't quite the same thing as an Undo.  If you made any other changes to the VI before doing the "Open front panel", then they will be lost.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,597 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

True.  But reverting to a saved copy of the VI isn't quite the same thing as an Undo.  If you made any other changes to the VI before doing the "Open front panel", then they will be lost.

I was not referring to saving the VI in which you drop the express vi. The save that I was referring to was for the VI created by 'Open Front Panel'.

See attached screen capture.

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,588 Views)

Ah yes.  You're right.  You can undo.

Perhaps I'm thinking of an older version of LabVIEW.  I'll have to experiment on a machine at work that has several older versions.  That or I am just remembering this completely wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,581 Views)