LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i use PXI 6133 like scope?

i have :  

- NI PXI - 1033 CHASSIS, INTEGRATED MXI EXPRESS, 5 PERIPHERAL SLOTS, 1 PORT PCIE, 3M CABLE
    - NI PXI - 6133 ( 32 MSAMPLES ) S SERIES MULTIFUNCTION DAQ DEVICE
    - NI TB - 2709 PXI Terminal Block for S Series Devices
    - Differential Probe from Tektronix P5200,current probe  A622 and P2220

For example I want to measure the ripple on the output of a power supply..I can`t set coupling AC to an analogic input from PXI 6133..

Have anyone know an example(vi) or an interface that can help me to work with this configuration??? I try to build an interface with vi`s from DAQmx family...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,297 Views)

Hi tymark,

Is your only question just how to AC couple your signal?  You are correct that the 6133 cannot do this in hardware, but you can account for any DC offset in software as long as your Vmax and Vmin on your signal is within the specifications on the 6133.  You can take your measured signal and perform statistical analysis to find the median of your points, and then subtract that value from your array of values acquired to achieve software AC coupling. 

Otherwise, since the 2709 allows you to use your Tektronix probes, you can interface with your signal and use the DAQmx API to acquire.  If you need help with that, I would recommend searching through Help » Find Examples and look under Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx to find prebuilt examples that will work for your board. 

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,274 Views)