LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i control a sensor CNY70 with labview?

i am taking a mechatronics course and they ask me as homework to control a sensor but i don not understando what can i control from this sensor, i expect you could help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,714 Views)

First, thank you for being upfront and indicating this is a homework problem. It's quite refreshing when people do that instead of trying to pretend it's not and thinking we can't figure it out.

Obviously, we're not going to do your homework for you, but we can offer some help. Assuming, of course, that you show that you're actually going to do some homework upfront. So, what have you looked into? Have you looked at the sensor in question? How does it work? What does it need to work? Clearly, software alone can't make it work - you need some hardware. What kind? Do you intend to make this hardware, or do you have it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,693 Views)

i would start with working out the system, datasheets on the cny70, work out exactly what is required from the question. spec out the hardware, then start writing out rough ideas. Keep looking back at the question and it will all slowly make sense. I wouldnt dive straight into coding until i understand exactly what i need to be trying to achieve.

once you understand exactly what you need to achieve and with what hardware you can look into planning the code and taking it from there. If you get stuck with coding feel free to ask for help and post the code you have as most people on here will heppily pass contructive critisism as well as help you through the parts your struggling with  

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Hello Miguel,

thank you for using NI forums.

I 'googleed' the CNY70 and I found that it is a simple infrared sensor that returns a 0 or 1 if the sensor has an object in fort of it.

I think what you can do is use LabVIEW to visualize if there is an object in front of the sensor or not.

But that depends on what your professor is asking for.

I think it is a good idea to ask exactly what you need to achieve.

Mr.O
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,673 Views)