LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can an instrument application run on a client machine?

I am trying to run an instrument application from a remote machine.It seems to me that neither the VI Server nor the client model can do this. Any hints on combining those two?
Thanks.
giannis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,353 Views)
Hi,

You need to make sure your LabVIEW preferences for VI Server have been enabled and also the Access List has been setup for your requirement. After you change these setting you have to exit labVIEW, then relaunch LabVIEW before the changes come into effect.

Regards
Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,353 Views)
This is assuming you are connected to both over ethernet. Make sure on your remote machine Labview is running (or a program using Labview runtime engine is open). Make sure your Check under Tools...Options..VI server that TCP/IP is checked. Also under VIserver:TCPIP Access that you allow the connection to the machine you want to be the controller (* allows all machines). And under VI Server: Exported VI's ensure you have the VI in question exported. (again * allows all VI's to be exported). I have successfully run machines remotely in our plant with very little problem. A good resource for this would be a book entitled "Internet Applications in LabVIEW" by Jeffery Travis.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,353 Views)