LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view voltage values when acquiring data with a DAQ assistant and custom scale?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a custom scale and the DAQ assistant to acquire data from a USB DAQ device.  How can I view the raw voltage values simultaneoulsy?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,399 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David.D
Don't use the custom scale, but read the raw data using the daq-assistant and scale the data afterwards. Or scale the data back using the inverse of the custom scale.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 2 of 4
(2,381 Views)

Thanks Andre. 

Would it make sense to have two DAQ assistants, once in the calibrate VI and another elsewhere in the application where acquistion is actually performed or is there a more appropriate way to do this?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,371 Views)

The use of the daq-assistant implies to me that you're new to using daqmx in LV. To be able to answer this question, I would need some more information regarding your application.

What is the application supposed to achieve?

I would also suggest to convert the Daq-assistant express VI to code, using the context menu, and have a look at what is actually happening inside. Once you understand the function of each VI, it becomes easier to understand how to use the daqmx driver VI's directly.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 4 of 4
(2,369 Views)