LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use 2450 for current source generator

hello,

I've been using an example LabVIEW program such as Sweep and Acquirement.
I wolud like to use 2450 for current source generator.

But i can't see 2450 for current source generator LabView example

Is there anything I can refer to? 

I want to make the following.
1. Set current 1mA, 2mA, or 3mA.
2. Average the voltage obtained for 100ms, total 1 second.
3. Graph average voltage per second.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,196 Views)

What is a "2450"?  [Don't assume we are looking over your shoulder and can see the instrument sitting on your bench].

Have you read the manual for this device?  Do you know how to control it using LabVIEW code?  Have you any experience writing LabVIEW code?  [If so, show us the code you have written to generate the currents you want -- we can get a good idea where you might need help].

Assuming you have a current source that you can control, how do you plan to turn this current into a voltage that you can measure?  How will you acquire this voltage (using LabVIEW)?  Include a description of the hardware you will use for the acquisition and an example of the code that you hope will let you make the measurements and graph average voltage per second.

Do these various steps in separate pieces of code.  Once each piece is working correctly, think about how to combine them into a single program.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,184 Views)

There is a LabVIEW driver for the Keithley 2450 on the Tektronix website (Keithley parent company)

https://www.tek.com/source-measure-units/2450-software-10

Examples are provided therein.

Other examples can be found by searching the forum here..

https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter...

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,161 Views)

Sorry.. The "2450" means "Keithley 2450 "

environment

1. measurement device : PXI-4071

2. giving current source device :  Keithley 2450

I have ever read the "Keithley 2450 manual"

I would like to use keithley 2450 for current source generator.
and
pxi-4071 for  voltage measurement device 

But i can't see 2450 for current source generator LabView example

Is there anything I can refer to? :?

I want to make the following.
1. Give current 1mA, 2mA, or 3mA. (keithley 2450)
2. Average the voltage obtained for 100ms, total 1 second. (pxi-4071 & LabView)
3. Graph average voltage per second. (LabView)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,150 Views)

Thanks

i have already read that

but i can't find example to current source generator 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,148 Views)

If you have downloaded the driver I mentioned before then there is an Examples folder where you will find a "Sweep and Acquire Measurements.vi".  There's a control on the front panel to configure for either current source mode or voltage source mode.  Look at how they implement it.  It sets the source mode via the "Configure Output.vi" of the driver.  Every other instrument setting after that must take into account what the source and what the measure type are. 

An SMU is setup as either a current source and voltmeter or a voltage source and ammeter.  You may not even need the "pxi-4071 for voltage measurement device".

From what you describe, you will most likely want to start by copying the "Read Single.vi" example to a new VI an then adding code for PXI-4071 measurements and the delays.

Look at the examples for Keithley 2450, try to write some code yourself, then post here for advice when you get stuck.

Message 6 of 6
(3,136 Views)