From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell which controls are customizable?

Hi,

I have been trying to get a Classic System Check Boxof a different size. I placed one on the front panel and I'm pretty sure it was customizable.  Now when it do the same thing customize is grayed out.  Even when it was customizable I found that I couldn't change it.   I have been trying all sorts of things.  Some controls are editable some are not.  Some you can import pictures from the clipboard some you can't. 

Is there a good tutorial that tells you all this stuff? 

Is there a list which says which ones can be customized?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,191 Views)
  1. Works fine for me. Are you sure you've selected the entire control? Left click and draw a box around it. Then Edit>>Customize control.

Hope this helps.

Oops I meant left click.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,188 Views)

The classic boolean palette has two checkboxes:

(1) A sytem checkbox in row 5 and (2) a checkbox in row three all the way to the right. Only #2 (the one with the X) can be customized.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,181 Views)

Thanks for your reply

I placed a fresh Classic>Boolean>System Checkbox and I the customize control was grayed out.

Shutting down LabVIEW and restarting I find the same control now customizable.  However in the control editor the spanner (edit mode) tool is grayed out.

I have LabVIEW 2011 Full Development System

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,180 Views)

I still can't explain the change from not customizable to customizable

However part of my confusion was that I saw the "Import picture from clipboard" was grayed out on some of the controls I was trying to edit.  Silly me, I didn't have anything in the clipboard for it to import 😞

Thanks for the replies

Message 5 of 5
(2,166 Views)