From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save first data before data logging in a regular period?

Hi,

I need some help to see what's wrong with my VI. I want to save the first data when I launch my VI until reach the first minute, after I want save data minute by minute, but in this fisrt period my VI does't save this data in the .lvm file.

Could someone help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,789 Views)

Can you explain again what exactly you want to achieve. You want data logged at 0min, 1min, 2min? Or at some other frequency?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,779 Views)

Yes. I'd like to save my acquisition data in a certain period of time, like you have said, 1 min, 2 min.......or 1 hour, 2 hour...whatever the user choose., but I'd like to save it always in full time and the data that correspond this period.

I'm using shift registers to do that, but I can't save the first data, i.e., when I started save the collected dat in 15:58:30, this data will be saved together with the next minute (15:59:00) and I would like to save this data separated.

I've attached the VI actualized with shift registers.

Thank you for a while. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,774 Views)

You can place another case structure within your existing case structure (see attached).  The Write to Measurement file will not take place on the first call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,768 Views)

MoReese, 

Could you post in the latest versio? I'm using LabVIEW 8.6.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,759 Views)

Try this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,747 Views)

Thanks MoReese, but I can't open again. Well, I think I figured out what you have said last post and it worked fine, I will attach the new VI. So, I got another question right now. Why when data acquisiton has start collecting data with timestamp after some time it's incremented 1 second in the time stamp inside the lvm file or same in txt file? I'll attach the file to exemplify.

Thanks for the responses.

Diego 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,727 Views)

I am not sure what you are asking, but it looks like you are collecting data on a 1 second interval.  What does "Untitled 3.vi" do?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,715 Views)

Untiled3.Vi was a changed elapsed time.vi, now I came back to the original again. So, what I want the VI do it´s doing, which is saving data in this way:10:00:00,10:01:00....10:50:00
What´s going wrong is that after some time it increment 1 second, another period of time , one more second and so on. For example, 10:00:00.....10:10:01......10:30:02

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,712 Views)

What can I do to avoid this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,673 Views)