LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I programmatically install support for DAQmx Base to a PDA?

Greetings, I am developing a LabVIEW application for a PDA (HP iPAQ in this case), and a companion VI that will run on a PC. One of the things I need to do from this companion VI is provide a means of programmatically rebuilding the PDA application, including reinstalling support for DAQmx Base. I think I know how to rebuild the LabVIEW application using the Project, but I don't see how to install DAQmx Base. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,559 Views)
How would you programatically rebuild the PDA application? If you are interested in reinstalling the DAQmx Base driver on the device, then you will need to navigate to Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQmx Base»Utilities and launch the driver installation utility that corresponds to your device. If you are interested in doing this programatically, you could run the executable from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQmx Base\Pocket PC using the System Exec.vi. I don't think there is any other way of doing this.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,538 Views)

The point is to do this programmatically, not from right-click menus, so I'll need to go with your second solution.  I see there are three EXEs in that folder:  DAQmxBaseCEsetup.exe, DAQmxBaseCEsetup_tpc2006.exe, and DAQmxBaseCEsetup_tpc2012.exe.  Do I run the first one?

Also, it turns out that I can't build the LabVIEW executable programmatically (the Project API is not available in LabVIEW Run-Time).  Do you know how to programmatically transfer data files from the PC to the PDA?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,527 Views)

Yes, you would run the first executable.

You could try using FTP to transfer the LabVIEW executables. NI has FTP VIs in it's Internet Toolkit; you will have to google if you want to find something for free.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,513 Views)
That may be an option.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,490 Views)