LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I program LabView to read 2 or more analog inputs in arduino duemilanove?

Hello

I’m working on a project that uses a Arduíno duemilanove for analog data acquisition. I’ve already accomplished to connect the arduino to Labview and see the variation of voltage in a graph using a simple variable resistor connected to the analog input 0. But my problem is.. How can see two or more wave forms in Labview using the other analog inputs of the arduino. I’ve thought of programming the arduino to send a simple character as a header in every message sent by any analog inputs and then use labview to read the header. That way I can distinguish which analog inputs it belongs.  I don’t know if it’s the most practical way to do it but it’s the only solution I’ve come up to. But even that solution I just can’t implement.

Can anyone help me?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,345 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for posting on National Instruments forums.

As far as I know about Arduino, you should have a driver, or a set of DLLs that can be used to access the I/O of your board, isn't it ?

If this is the case, in LabVIEW you should be able to call these DLLs to acquire your analog inputs.

Also, if your Arduino is using USB communication, you can use LabVIEW and VISA functions to connect to your board.

I advise you to have a look at this very interesting nugget : Getting started with USB communication with VISA

How did you establish communication with your arduino board ? Can you post your VI ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,315 Views)

Try this if you have a POT around hook it up to the arduino than use the AnalogInSerial.pde and  load it to your arduino exit out of the arduino platform and  than try my VI see if this helps you.

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,282 Views)

hallo, thank you but could you please explain to me this program (talk to arduino ) thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,781 Views)