From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I plot multiple curves automatically ?

Hi,
How can I plot multiple curves automatically using the XY graph, 
for example to load an array of a file each time and plot it with the old curve ?

THANK YOU .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,958 Views)

Hi Sarah,

create an array of plots:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,955 Views)

HI KNIGHT OF NI.
in your example you put two plots what I want is to add them automatically Possible up to 100 or 1000.
I do not know how to create an dynamic array and load it dynamically or load it  automatically add the data in this array.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,946 Views)

You need to build the array of plots in a shift register.

(I would not recommend 1000 plots on a single XY graph. How many points per plot do you have on average?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,942 Views)

In fact the idea is that I made a program that loads information in csv. this information in the form of a array of data.
Then the user when it loads the first it appears without problem but the problem that when I get the second array I want to plot it with the old etc ...

Then I dont know the limit exactly and for not to abuse it can take 50 curves maximum.

But how i can do that dynamically  .?
I hope you understand.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,932 Views)

I already told you that you need to build the array of plots in a shift register whenever a new plot is added. Are you familiar with that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,923 Views)

You mean that I must to create many arrays and build them with a shift ? No i dont know how i can do that .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,914 Views)

@Sarah_LAB wrote:

You mean that I must to create many arrays and build them with a shift ? 

No, just one array of plots. (XY graphs take a variety of datatypes. How is the data arranged in the file, how are you reading the single plots? Seeing your VI would help).

@Sarah_LAB wrote:

No i dont know how i can do that .

At this point, you should continue with a few more LabVIEW tutorials.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,903 Views)

I like this file . 3.png

And i get Data of each colone like this and i plot it without problem 1.png

I searsh a method to store this data with each Double click in the array 2D  for example and display them on the graph.2.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,891 Views)

These are just pictures. All we see is "rube goldberg type code", unrecognized subVIs, and blatant overuse of local variables. If you want help, attach actual code.

You data is always equally spaced, so all you need is a waveform graph. No xy graph is needed, simplifying the data structures significantly.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,886 Views)