LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I monitor the DIO Buffer in non regeneration mode

I have an application where I'm feeding samples into a USB 6341 devices in non regeneration mode and want to know how to monitor how many samples remain in the buffer until it runs out. Is there a way to monitor this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)

Have a look at the "Status" properties in a DAQmx Write property node.   There's one called "Space available in buffer."   Subtract that from the buffer size to see how close the buffer is to running out of fresh samples.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,235 Views)

Where do I find that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,230 Views)

In the DAQmx palette, pick the icon labelled "Write Node".  Once it's on your block diagram, the drop-down menu will let you pick "Status" and show the sub-menu where you can pick "Space Available in Buffer".

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,222 Views)