cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I implement multi page display

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm implementing a user interface which will display similar sets of data depending on the stage of the operation they are in.

I thought that the tabbed control would do where I could select the tab appropriate to the operation stage but I can't find a way of controlling the tab on display.

Is there a control that affectively display a page of controls depending on an inpute state/value.

Many Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,185 Views)

Hi,

you can use the Value property node of the tab control check the attached.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,183 Views)

It would be better to use a local variable; it's faster and doesn't interfere with thread priorities.

(3,178 Views)

Thank you for that your example, it's exacltly what I'm looking for.

When I placed a Tabbed Control on the front panel I doesn't give me tab control but tab output.

I'm not familiar with propery nodes, can you point me to a tutorial on them.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(3,176 Views)

I am glade that helped, for any control or indicator you can right click on the control then select "create" then "property node" it gives you all the property nodes applicable for this contorl, and you can use the conext help window to show the details of the it.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(3,171 Views)

please, if the probelm solved, mark it as solved and add kudos,

Message 6 of 21
(3,162 Views)

Thanks for your mini tutorial.

I have one remaining issue. The states that will control the tab control are text eg "Calibrate" and not numeric.

I can find a way of linking the states typedef to the tab control values.

Can you help with this.

Many thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,158 Views)

Andy,

you can connect almost any data type to the selector of the case structure, and you can name the case according to the inputs that may enter the selecter, however, do not forget to set one of these cases as default case. do you have a typedef string or type def enum?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(3,144 Views)

@AndyNC wrote:

When I placed a Tabbed Control on the front panel I doesn't give me tab control but tab output.

Right click the tab indicator and select change to control

AndyNC wrote:

I'm not familiar with propery nodes, can you point me to a tutorial on them.

To write a value to a control in the same VI, it is best to use a local variable. Property nodes are best used sparingly. Most of them alter the appearance of the widget on the user interface panel, and will cause an instant switch to the UI thread. This behaviour can be managed in LabVIEW 2011 (interesting discussion)

LabVIEW performance

Some Benchmark checks

AndyNC wrote:

I have one remaining issue. The states that will control the tab control are text eg "Calibrate" and not numeric.

I can find a way of linking the states typedef to the tab control values.

If you create a typedef of the tab control, then all instances will have the same named pages. To add a page, alter the typedef custom control, and all instances will be updated. If you have LabVIEW 2011, a black triange will be added to the block diagram constants to show they are typedef controls.

(3,143 Views)

Ed wrote:

If you create a typedef of the tab control, then all instances will have the same named pages. To add a page, alter the typedef custom control, and all instances will be updated. If you have LabVIEW 2011, a black triange will be added to the block diagram constants to show they are typedef controls.

My problem is how to "create a typedef of the tab control". I already have a typedef for the program which I would like to use and would like to "create a tab control from a typedef" if thats possible.

Many thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,132 Views)