LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extend the time axis?!

Hello,

I´m want to perform a serial communication between two computers via RS-232, using the VI attached below. I want to see further than a 1 second at the receiver end. When I increase the number of samples at the transmitter, the receiver remains at just 1 second. To perform this VI, is necessary to use a cross over cable. I´m using the same VI in both computers. How can I complete this job?!

Thanxs...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,494 Views)
Your buffer size is set to 8000, which is 1 second worth of DBL data, so this looks right. If you want to display historical data from several loop iterations, you could use a chart instead of a graph, or you could insert the "collector" express VI before the graph.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,490 Views)
Altenbach,

The Waveform Chart cannot solve the problem. I´ve modified the VI to try to explain the problem more clearly. In Transmitted Signal you could see that when I increase the number of samples the time axis rises when I fixed the sample rate, but the Received Signal remains at just 1 second. So, how can see, for example, 6 seconds in Received Signal maintained the same frequency measured in both cases (1 second and 6 seconds)?!

Thanxs...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,480 Views)
As I said, your VISA I/O buffer size is set to 8000 bytes, this is only enough for 1000 points. Have you tried increasing it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,474 Views)
Yes, I´ve increased the buffer size, but remains only at just 1 second!

Thanxs...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,456 Views)
Yes, I´ve increased the buffer size, but remains at just 1 second!

Thanxs...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,453 Views)