LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I distribute an instrument driver in labview 8.2?

Since you can't build a source distribution in 8.2, does anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to distribute an instrument driver?  I have been working on copying a few hundred vi's and fixing every relative path by hand for two days.  I don't really know what to do to make this easier.  Has anyone distributed an instrument driver in 8.2 and figured out a way to do it?  I feel like jumping out of a window right now.
-Devin
I got 99 problems but 8.6 ain't one.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,426 Views)
What exactly is your problem? You can create both an old style llb and a new style project for your driver. The source distribution option (one place where you can create an llb) is in the Project Explorer>Build Options
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,396 Views)
In 8.2 you can't build a source distribution with dependencies targetted to a support library. 

I am looking for ways to get around this.  Any ideas?  The only option I can figure is to add every single dependency vi explicitly to the project so the dependencies section is empty.  Then I can specify a target llb or folder for all of them.  But that is taking forever and is very tedious because dependencies are scattered all over.

If anyone has managed to build an instrument driver in 8.2 and made their way past this I would love to know how they did it.

Message Edited by billings11 on 01-25-2008 10:40 AM
-Devin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,388 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately, the best workaround is to use a different version of LabVIEW until this bug is corrected by R&D (reported as CAR #4DQ7KBRJ). I apologize for the inconvenience this causes you in building your source distribution. Good luck with your application!

Amanda Howard
Americas Services and Support Recruiting Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,370 Views)
That's not a workaround though.  Has any developer out there come up with any sort of plan for this type of thing in 8.2?  Right now I think I can distrubte the hierarchy, which will force all the dependency vi's to be distributed to their duplicate hierarchy locations.  That will at least identify and isolate all the dependencies.  Then in a completely seperate project I can add them all to the project by hand from the hierarchy distribution.  I'll see how this works out.  I've tried a coupe times but I'm still missing a couple vi's.

Message Edited by billings11 on 01-28-2008 08:35 AM
-Devin
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,346 Views)