LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a random number generator protected by password and user name?

Solved!
Go to solution
Take a look at the two attached VI's.  You will have to customize that user lookup table on the front panel.  Once customized you should remove it from the front panel or your security won't be that tough to crack.  I used the random number generator Altenbach posted.  You should be able to modify this to suite your needs.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(1,560 Views)
Out of curiosity, what course are you taking that gives homework in LabVIEW?  And where is this "Somewhere Else" that gives away licensed copies of LabVIEW, I want to go to there.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(1,556 Views)
First of all I want to thank you for the help. When I used the words "somewhere else" I refered to the generator. The number generator file was the thing I had from somewhere else. The course I take is called Virtual Instrumentation. One more thing if you are kind to help....how can I login only once and then start generating numbers until I press STOP because now I am able to generate only one number for one login.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(1,546 Views)
You will have to wire the "Verified?" shift register through all events in the event structure (particularly the "generate number" state).  I was joking about the obtaining of LabVIEW from "somewhere else", no harm intended.  What text do you use for your Virtual Instrumentation course?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(1,542 Views)

Thanks that worked! What do you mean by "text"? One more thing...how do I edit the table because I want to change the passwords and user names?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(1,536 Views)

By "text" I mean textbook.  Do you have a book that was assigned for the course?

To edit the table all you have to do is add a name and password to the table.  Just click in the cell in the table and add the desired text.  You will have to right click on the table and select  Data Operations>>Make Current Value Default, in order for the new entry to stick when the program is restarted.

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(1,533 Views)

jmcbee wrote:

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.

And find out if the professor is going to give us extra credit. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 28
(1,528 Views)

Thanks, one last thing if you don't mind...if it's not to complicated, how can I make the program to show me the block diagram ONLY after login? 

We don't have a book assigned to the course, we only guide via the internet...I'm a student....college....you know....

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(1,527 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

jmcbee wrote:

And find out if the professor is going to give us extra credit. Smiley Very Happy

The NI LabVIEW forum is probably the world's best free tutoring service!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(1,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Epsilonn

Epsilonn wrote:

Thanks, one last thing if you don't mind...if it's not to complicated, how can I make the program to show me the block diagram ONLY after login?

This question doesn't make much sense. The block diagram is something that is accessed in the development environment, and if you want to enable logins for LabVIEW, that's something that is separate from your code. Turning on logins for LabVIEW is done though the LabVIEW options (Tools -> Options -> Security tab).

Message 20 of 28
(1,513 Views)