From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create NI Domain and Users Programmatically?

Hello,

The information from my earlier posts was a little out of date - LabVIEW DSC 8.0 uses the Domain Account Manager, rather than the older User Manager.  Using the User Manager can cause a generic security error, especially if the domain on which you are trying to log onto was created on a different machine and the domain server is not currently active.  We've seen cases where the domain manager needs to be restarted if communication was lost with the domain server, and our R & D department is aware of and working on that issue (# 3V79Q29Z).

With regards to the Domain Manager not present on your Windows 2000 Server installation, what version of LabVIEW DSC are you using?  I'm not aware of a reason why an install on that OS would prevent us from having the Domain Manager present if the version of LabVIEW that you install has it on another OS.  I will check on this for you, however, since the security structure in Windows 2000 is a little different from that found in XP.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 11 of 13
(1,620 Views)
Hello Matt.

Thanks for the replying.
I've installed the Domain Manager in the server, but it gives me "Network connection timed out" when I try to run. So, I installed the whole version of LV (not only the run-time), but it stilll gives the error.

Regards,

Henrique
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,598 Views)

Hello Henrique,

The network timeout that you're experiencing may be due to a firewall or other port blocking policy on your machine.  Try disabling these and see if the error recurs.  Does this timeout error happen when you first load the Domain Manager, when you run your LabVIEW program, or when attempting to log in? 

Additionally, what version of LabVIEW are you running?  The Domain Manager was introduced with LabVIEW 8.0, so if you are using a previous version, you will need to use the User Manager instead.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,554 Views)